- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- 2 lbs 1 kg fresh, remove all the stones Cherries
- 2 sheets ready made 2 sheets ready made or phyllo pastry, if you prefer Puff Pastry
- 4.5 oz 120 gr Unsalted butter
- 4.5 oz 120 gr Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Lemon Rind
- the juice of a lemon the juice of a lemon Lemon Juice
- 4.5 oz 120 gr Caster Sugar
- for dusting for dusting Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1 1 Egg Yolks
- some drops some drops Vanilla Estract
- 1.3 oz 50 gr ground almonds Almonds
- fresh for decoration Mint Leaves
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons (optional) Maraschino Liqueur
Preheat the oven to 200°/375 F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
In a large non stick pan sauté the cherries with unsalted butter for 4-5 minutes, until softened. If you like it you can add a tablespoon of maraschino liqueur.
Then transfer on a bowl and add the vanilla extract, the lemon juice and zest, the caster sugar, and the almonds. Add the breadcrumbs and work the mixture to combine. Lay out the pastry sheet into a long rectangle. Spread the filling on the center of the pastry, leaving a border of 2 inch.
Fold the long sides of pastry, than close the short sides with a gentle pressure.
Brush the surface with the egg yolk beaten.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into six pieces, dust with confectioner’s sugar and mint leaves and serve warm.